Last Updated 18 July 2019
In order to provide you with goods and services and protect ourselves and others from malicious activity, CrowdPharm collects personal data from the users of its sites. This information includes information our users give to us, information we collect as you use our sites as well as some information that is supplemented from third parties. CrowdPharm has implemented a number of measures to ensure your personal data remains safe when stored by us and when being transferred. You may access your personal data, request a change or correction or request your data be deleted by contacting us via the channels described below. All requests will be facilitated to the amount reasonable and possible without breaching our data retention obligations. You can opt out of our direct marketing at any time by following the unsubscribe link from any of our marketing emails.
The Information We Collect and Hold
Personal data is any information that could directly or indirectly identify you. Under the GDPR, ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Information you provide
You may provide us with personal data when you:
- create an account with CrowdPharm; or
- edit or add to personal data attached to your account details after your account has been created; or
- indirectly create an account with CrowdPharm via one our partners; or
- request or purchase goods or services from us; or
- contact us by any method, such as telephone, email, post, facsimile or in person; or
- correspond via our site, either with one of our staff or with another site user
Personal data you provide that we store may include, but not be limited to; your email address, your name, your country, your address, other contact details, your business name, and your profile entries. There may be additional information deemed personal data provided by you in briefs, on blogs, in comments, or in interactions with other site users, or otherwise while using our site, which is stored in our databases. This data may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of abuse is suspected.
Information we collect
CrowdPharm will collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Technologies such as “cookies” are used to allow the website to function, to collect useful information about visitors and to help make your user experience better. Cookies enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally, but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject each instance. We may allow some of our marketing or technology partners to utilize cookies on our website to collect non-personally identifying data to assist them, or CrowdPharm, in delivering services to you. We also collect information about your usage of the site when you are logged in. This will include which pages you visit, products or services that are ordered, payments that are made etc. This activity data is stored in our databases.
Additional information provided by third parties
CrowdPharm does receive some information from third parties, which may be appended to the supplied and collected data.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. The steps we take to protect personal data include:
- encrypting information sent between you and us using Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) and 128-bit encryption (the highest level of encryption commercially available). CrowdPharm's SSL certification is supplied by LetsEncrypt (a US-based SSL Certificate Authority);
- outsourcing transaction processing to reputable, secure, Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant payment gateway providers (such as PayPal or Stripe). CrowdPharm does not store or handle complete credit card data.
- utilizing a fully secured technology stack on Amazon Web Services technologies. CrowdPharm's databases are only accessible to certain IP addresses, locations and servers.
- limiting access to users' personal data through secure login to the CrowdPharm website.
Any breach of personal data will be promptly notified to our users and to authorities where relevant.
Data Storage and Transfer
CrowdPharm stores your personal data on servers located in numerous countries including the United States. When you visit our site, you are agreeing to the transfer of data from the country you are in to CrowdPharm’s sites across the world including the United States.
Use of Your Personal Data
Personal data and information collected by us may be used for the following purposes:
- to create an account for you on CrowdPharm;
- to process your requests for goods or services;
- to notify you about Projects, designs, files, messages from other users, deadlines and payments:
- to notify you of changes to our goods or services;
- to send email or SMS notifications for special promotions or offers conducted by us, our suppliers or distributors;
- to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- to respond to your questions or suggestions;
- to protect the security and integrity of the marketplace for all users and prevent fraudulent use of our services;
- to improve the quality of our goods or service and the quality of your visit to the website;
- to diagnose problems with our sites and services;
- to provide informational materials to our communities, such as e-newsletters;
- for data analytics, particularly supporting the purposes described above
With regard to the list of uses above, where there is no legal or contractual need for using your personal data, it has been determined that they are legitimate interests pursued by CrowdPharm. Please note; to stop receiving our marketing emails, please click on the link found at the bottom of each marketing email to update your account preferences.
Disclosing Your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your personal data to any other company, organization or person. We may disclose your personal data to:
- third party Designers or Clients in connection with any works (including without limitation artwork and designs) created or requested by you (as applicable) as part of the CrowdPharm Service pursuant to separate terms and conditions entered into between you and us;
- third parties that provide services to us, or functions on our behalf. CrowdPharm uses third parties to provide various services that may involve storing or processing your personal data. These services include; data storage, payment processing, email distribution, email validation, SMS distribution, IP lookup, data enrichment and customer and relationship management systems;
- related companies in our corporate group and business partners for the purpose of providing services which have been requested by you;
- information technology service providers responsible for our communication networks, software and system development and maintenance.
In these situations, we prohibit the third-party from using personal data about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. In addition, we will not disclose your personal data without your consent unless legally required to do so, including but not limited to:
- lessening or preventing a serious threat to life or health;
- protecting the personal safety of users of this website or the public;
- if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity; or
- otherwise if authorized or required by law;
Access and Correction of Your Personal Data
The easiest way to access most of your personal data is via your CrowdPharm account. We will, on request, provide you with access to the personal data we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the APPs. If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal. You may request updates to your personal data, which we will endeavor to accommodate in ways that do not breach our legal record keeping requirements. The easiest and quickest way to add, edit or update most of your personal data is to log into your CrowdPharm account and make the changes yourself. If you wish to request a copy of your personal data, make edits to your personal data or request your personal data be deleted, please email your request to email@example.com. All requests via this channel will be responded to or actioned within one month of receipt. Please note; you may opt out of direct marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the foot of all CrowdPharm marketing emails.
Change of Control
In future, CrowdPharm may sell, divest or otherwise change ownership of all or part of its business. The data collected and stored by CrowdPharm could be a part of the assets involved in that change of control. If any future change of ownership is likely to have a material impact on you, with regard to your personal data, then you will be notified of the impending change via email and/or a prominent notice on our site.